- About Us
- Evo Products
- Where to buy?
A Fully Adhesive Reinforced Flashing
Dakaflash is the newest edition to our lead free flashing range. It’s a composite laminate flashing consisting of a coloured creped aluminium top sheet, with 100% butyl adhesive that’s protected with a two piece HDPE backing. Embedded within the butyl adhesive is the same reinforcing aluminium mesh that’s inside our best-selling lead free flashing Wakaflex. This provides Dakaflash with additional rigidity and support compared to Smartform while maintaining the smooth contoured finish people associate with Wakaflex.
Although Dakaflash doesn’t stretch as much as Smartform (60%) because of the reinforcing mesh, it can still managed to stretch an incredible 30% in length which is much more than other metal based flashing and enables it to be dressed neatly around curves and corners like bull noses. Dakaflash is suitable for almost every traditional flashing application and excels when used with extreme profiles such as verandas carports and patios.
Whether it’s for a new build or for maintenance, Dakaflash will be perfect for the job because it combines the aluminium and butyl body of Smartform with the internal reinforcing mesh from Wakaflex to produce a premium flashing option when great performance, great looks and a great price are key factors in your flashing choice.
Specifications & Benefits
- Internal aluminium reinforcing mesh for added strength and stiffness.
- Creped aluminium surface stretched to 30% to cover extreme profiles are curve around corners.
- CSIRO tested – Tested by CSIRO to comply with AS/NZS 2904:1995 ‘Damp proof courses & flashings’.
- Non-toxic – Made from aluminium and butyl adhesive, making it safe for installers and the environment.
- Lightweight – 3 kg for a 300mm roll so safe to move around onsite and in store.
- Quick & Easy to install – No special tools required for installation. Can be easily cut to length with scissors. 50% quicker to install than lead flashing.
- Installation Length – Can be installed in complete 5m roll lengths.
- Watertight Joins – Butyl to butyl joining provides an instant watertight seal.
A Fully Adhesive Reinforced Flashing IMAGE GALLERY
Best for – Corrugated metal or polycarbonate roofing (such as verandah’s and carports). Perfect for flashing maintenance by going under existing flashings that’s prone to leakage